Terms And Conditions
All bookings made through this Monti Food Tour website, or over the phone or by email through customer service, are subject to the following Terms & Conditions. In any and all bookings, the person who makes the booking shall be deemed to have accepted these conditions on behalf of the person(s) named in the booking. No variation to these Terms & Conditions shall be of any effect unless made in writing by and with the authority of the company.
This Monti Food Tour website will accept the following payment methods: Mastercard, Visa, American Express And Paypal. Full payment is required at the time of booking in order to secure your reservation and your payment will be processed by Show Me Italy Srls.
Tours listed on this site are displayed and priced in local currency, unless otherwise noted or as selected by the user. All bookings are processed in EURO unless otherwise requested otherwise. Users accept any and all fees associated with booking tours using a credit card. Licensed booking software sets all exchange rates internally, and customer service agents have no control over any rates displayed on page.
Delays on Group Tours / Private Tours / Private Transfer Services
Once booking is complete, you will receive a confirmation email that provides details of your tour meeting point and time.You are asked to arrive to the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour. If you or any of your party are late or need assistance in finding the meeting point, please call our office at the number provided in your confirmation email, and we will do our best to assist you. It is, however, your responsibility to arrive to the meeting point on time. Refunds will not be provided for no shows or late arrivals. Please see our cancellation policy for more information.
Please see separate cancellation policy for further information.
Please ensure that all members of your party bring valid ID to the tour. Those who have qualified for a reduced-price tour MUST bring ID or the reduction will not be honoured.
Refunds on Unused Services
No refunds or partial refunds will be provided for services booked, or part thereof, that a guest has decided not to utilise, whether booked directly with Monti Food Tour or via a third-party vendor.
We strongly recommend that you arrange travel insurance to cover cancellations and delays due to unforeseen circumstances, or those beyond all control (e.g. inclement weather, strikes, seismic events). We also recommend that you arrange medical and personal insurance to cover any medical expenses, loss of baggage or belongings, and so on. Monti Food Tour is not liable for any such unforeseen circumstances and customers will hold the company harmless.
Liability and Waiver
The Monti Food Tour, its websites, brands, subsidiaries, affiliated entities, employees and agents act only as agent for the various suppliers that provide transportation, sightseeing, guiding, accompaniment, escort, activities, or other services connected with any booked tours. Such services are subject to the terms and conditions of those suppliers. The Monti Food Tour and its respective employees neither own nor operate any person or entity which is to, or does, provide goods or services for these trips, tours and forms of transportation, and, as a result, do not maintain any control over the personnel, equipment, or operations of these suppliers, and assume no liability for and cannot be held liable for any personal injury, death, property damage, or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of (1) sickness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, terrorist acts, acts of nature, local laws or other such causes (2) any wrongful, negligent, willful, or unauthorized acts, defect, omissions or default on the part of any of the tour suppliers, or other employees or agents in performing these services, (3) any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrument owned, operated or otherwise by any of these suppliers, or (4) any wrongful, willful, or negligent act or omissions on any part of any other party not under the direct supervision, control or ownership of Show Me Italy. All services and accommodations are subject to the laws and regulations of the country in which they are provided.
By virtue of purchasing tickets for any of the tours or classes on this website, you understand, acknowledge, agree, represent and warrant as follows:
- That you desire to participate in the food, wine and cultural walking tours or classes offered by the Company;
- That you are in good health and suffer from no injury or illness that would make you more susceptible to injury or disability while performing any of the tasks on any of the Company’s tours;
- That you fully understand and accept all risks associated with any tour or class you participate in, including but not limited to, exposure to unfavourable weather conditions, food sickness, injury and death;
- That you grant the Company and Company’s assigns the irrevocable, sub-licensable right and authority to use your name, likeness, photograph and/or picture for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes now known or later developed in perpetuity throughout the universe without further obligation or compensation to you;
- That your participation in the tours is at your own sole risk. You, on behalf of yourself and/or any person or entity claiming through or on your behalf, hereby forever and unconditionally release and discharge the company, the company’s related and affiliated entities, the present and former employees, owners, officers, members, managers, partners, contractors, insurers, representatives and agents of the foregoing from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses in any way arising out of, or resulting from, your participation in the tours, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injury, loss or damage to you, to anyone else, or to any property, regardless of whether or not such injury, loss or damage was caused by the negligence or willful conduct of the company or any of the released parties. You, on behalf of yourself and/or any person or entity acting through or on your behalf, further agree to defend and indemnify the released parties, and to hold the released parties harmless, from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) and losses of any kind or nature whatsoever in any way arising out of, or resulting from, your participation in the tours;
- This section is in addition to, and not a limitation of, the other Terms and Conditions in this document.
It is the SOLE responsibility of the participant to inform the staff at each location about any and all allergies they, or any other participant under their control, may have. The Monti Food Tour CANNOT and DOES NOT guarantee a list of ingredients of all the foods and foodstuffs that will be on offer throughout all tours and classes. The Monti Food Tour CANNOT and DOES NOT guarantee that any particular ingredient is absent from any or all foods or foodstuffs offered, even if the participant has informed them of an allergy. The Monti Food Tour accepts NO responsibility for ensuring that any requirements of allergy sufferers are met and participants agree to not hold the Company responsible for same. All foods and drinks are consumed at the risk of each individual participant.
If a site on your booked tour service is closed due to force majeure, including strikes or other unforeseen closures, we will do our best to contact you as soon as possible. Where possible we will offer a suitable alternative or provide a full refund.
These terms & conditions are governed by the laws of Italy and, in case of a dispute that cannot be settled amicably, exclusive jurisdiction is conferred on the Italian courts. It is agreed that any disputes will be first submitted to the courts of arbitration for resolution.
If any provision of this policy is held by a Court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless continue in full force and effect without being impaired or invalidated in any way.
Last updated: January 2020